Monday, February 26, 2007

Previewing The Tudors




I received a request from the marketers of this new production to inspect their site, because they'd seen my (very brief) movie review of "The Queen".

My first reaction was to ignore the request, but I watched the filmed preview - and, although I know very little about Tudor England, I found the acting performances, pacing and costuming of the preview most intriguing. It certainly helps that the always-dependable Sam Neill is in there. I'll certainly be checking out "The Tudors" when it turns up in Australia. Episode #1 previews on the Internet on 12th March, and on US TV a few weeks later.

About The Show:

"Lover. Warrior. Rebel. King. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is Henry VIII as never seen before. 'The Tudors' is the epic new Showtime Original Series that reveals the scandalous life of the stunning young monarch, who ruled his kingdom with ruthless abandon. With a lust for power and an appetite for love, Henry's affair with Anne Boleyn – and obsession with producing a male heir – changed the institution of marriage, and the world, forever. 'The Tudors' is the untold story of Henry VIII, the beloved tyrant whose reign was marked by treachery, betrayal and intrigue."

Cast: Jonathan Rhys Meyers is King Henry VIII.
Starring: Sam Neill, Callum Blue, Henry Cavill, Henry Czerny, Natalie Dormer and Jeremy Northam.



No comments: