Saturday, February 17, 2007

Now we are six

How does a Jack Russell terrier celebrate his sixth birthday? Sadly, it seems that he spent most of it on his own.

Yesterday, after "Hedwig", I was telling some friends about Jack - and someone asked how old he was. To my horror, I realised that the 16th was his birthday, and that the most exciting thing to happen to him on that day was me racing in after work to change my shirt, knocking the little ants out of his dinner bowl (Jack having drank all the ant trap reservoir again) and feeding him, before racing out again to catch my train into the city.

It's a bit of a come down from the big puppy party he had for his first birthday, which had a guest list of local dog friends and their owners.

Sorry Jacko. Happy belated birthday, little matie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet.