Monday, June 18, 2007

Bluey is in da house!

As I impatiently await my recent eBay costume win, at least I can console myself with the arrival today of... Bluey the mannequin.

Bluey

Bluey is quite lightweight for such a strapping young man. Instead of a regular metal stand, he gets suspended by a sturdy wire coming out of the top of his head. Bluey's arms and hands detach, but the rest is all one piece. The blue hands are exquisite: very expressive, and they are definitely life casts of a real man's hands.

I have this terrible sneaking suspicion that it's all just a bit too much like owning a giant Andorian Ken doll from Mattel - and waiting anxiously for my Mum to buy me the clothes to dress him in. Now I just need to find somewhere to hang him up that won't freak me out every time I enter a room and see him there in all his bluish naked glory.

I hope his Andorian robes arrive soon...

No comments: