My frustrated Facebook entries tell the sorry tale. Of interrupted (my) sleep, and the bizarre effect the Christmas season has on some people.
* Ian is awakened at 12.10am by a violent, abusive domestic dispute across the road. 'Tis the season... [12:26am]
* I think they sent one police car per phone call made to 000. Thank goodness. [12:27am]
* Would you believe the police delivered him back to the house, drove off - and the abuse started all over again immediately? Now carted away for a second time... Happy New Year... [1:33am]
* Ian is still awake at 1.34am. [1:34am]
* Ian is going to try bed once more. Third time's the charm? [2:43am]
* Ian is awake and still feeling seedy. [7:11am]
* Ian is still hearing aggressive male voices floating through Penrith. Lighten up, everyone. [12:49pm]
* The thick accent sounded like it was the same guy from early this morning, but in a different house. I couldn't believe the police delivered this morning's idiot back after his first paddy wagon ride. [10:44pm]
* Ian is thinking of turning in, to regain yesterday's lost beauty sleep. (I have an excuse for not being beautiful today!) [11:21pm]
Sunday's magic number: 94.5 - Not too shabby, all things considered.