Saturday, May 10, 2008

Movie letdowns

Lee, at Quit Your Day Job, asked about our "Top five movie let downs" of all time.

Mmmmm. My first big theatrical disappointment as a teen was definitely "Logan's Run". It got rave reviews on TV (including Jeanne Little on "The Mike Walsh Show", so maybe that was my warning!), but I came out wondering how I'd managed to waste my hard-earned pocketmoney on that!

This would be followed by "Superman III", "Superman IV: The Quest for Peace", "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier", the three "Star Wars" prequels, and Mike Meyers in "The Cat in the Hat". And I'll add "Star Trek Nemesis", but my main disappointment in that was the fact that the cinema was almost empty... on opening night!

That's more than five. I'm sure there are others, but the above-mentioned films I thought might be excellent, despite the pre-release jittery rumours.

No comments: