Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dreamland arrives

I forgot to mention that my personalized, autographed copy of Dreamland, a new musical-for-CD by Brent Spiner and Maude Maggart, arrived last week. (Check the great Youtube clip in the above link.)

I'm playing the CD at the moment, and it's delightful! Lots of well-known songs, strung together with new, fun dialogue. Highly recommended! (I can't say too much about the plot without spoiling it.)

Perhaps the most exciting aspect of receiving this CD was when I noticed that the green US Customs Declaration sticker, affixed to the padded postbag, had also been signed... by Brent Spiner!

This CD may get played as often as "Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back" did in 1991. Brent's first CD of show tunes has become quite a rarity (both publishers went defunct, leaving distribution very spotty) in Star Trek fandom, and it consistently fetches amazing prices on eBay. I've had my copy of that since its first week of release, when Richard Arnold brought a small batch of the very first copies to a Brisbane Star Trek convention.

Brent Spiner CDs

3 comments:

Alice Weinberg said...

Except in that pic he looks like he has hepatitis...

De said...

You continue to amaze me with your coolness, Ian.

Therin of Andor said...

Hey thanks De!

I once received an autographed Guinan photo from Whoopi Goldberg (I dropped a single rose off at her stage door when she was in Sydney), and she'd written out the envelope herself, and had it posted locally - the handwriting was a perfect match. Unless the actual photo was signed by a minder. ;)