Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Playing tag

From KRAD's Inaccurate Guide to Life
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog/Live Journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag five people.

Beside her, on a chair, was the missing dress. In front of her, on the table was the missing ring. She said quietly, "Hallo, Harry."

The gin bottle clinked on the edge of the glass as Vera got herself a drink.


From Number 96: The Sins of Harry Collins (1974) by Marina Campbell.

I even have a pic I can link:



No cheating, I swear. My "Number 96" paperbacks were the closest to the computer. It was either one of them, or "The Macquarie Dictionary", and I figured KRAD expected it to be fiction. I hereby tag:

And If I didn't tag you, please feel free to add your sentences in the Comments section.

3 comments:

JahTeh said...

No 'Babylon 5' in the interests. I am assuming that this is an oversight along with 'Stargate SG-1'. And I am getting to your meme thingy as soon as I get to the bottom of the book pile on the bed, all of which have bookmarks.

Therin of Andor said...

I tried and failed to get into B5 - I much preferred DS9 - although I enjoyed the excellent Walter Koenig (as Bester) episodes, of course, and i sought out the one Majel Barrett did. I found the changes to Delenn in Season Two just too wacky to get into - when they changed her makeup and had her human hair seemingly threaded through the arch of bone around her skull? Likewise the Centauri hairstyles were too bizarre, and they just seemed to be overacting to me.

SG-1 also failed to intrigue me. I read all about the original movie as it was promoted in "Starlog", etc., and I like time travel stuff, but never got to see it at the cinema, then let the TV series pass me by. I can't believe how long the series seems to have lasted.

JahTeh said...

The series developed rather better than the movie which was very gung-up. If you want a heads up on B5 then go to The Lurker's guide to Babylon 5 at Http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/ The only two episodes I missed, I was in hospital and one of them I watched through pre-op medication. That's dedication.