Sunday, May 10, 2009

Worth repeating: "Star Trek" in review

I caught the Sunday repeat of "The Movie Show" tonight. First nine minutes of a 27 minutes episode. Very positive. Four out of five stars each for the new "Star Trek" film - and reviewers Margaret and David rarely agree. Lots of footage, JJ Abrams and Eric ("Nero") Bana interviews, and more interview clips and text on the ABC-TV's website!

www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s2547372.htm
www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s2547417.htm
www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s2547404.htm

Excellent!

2 comments:

Nomad said...

Now, if only J.J. Abrams would do a "reboot" of Wolverine, X-Men Origins...

Therin of Andor said...

Wow! Check out the vitriole and polarised comments at "The Movie Show" comments page!

HereI added my own comment, saying, "Geeez, what a lot of grumps!?

"I loved this film. Saw it three times. I became a fan with 'ST: The Motion Picture' in 1979, at age 21; spent years being told by diehard TV fans that I wasn't a real fan because I liked that movie. I've stuck out fandom and many old Trekkies have been and gone. I'm still here!

"Thanks JJ for a solid two hours of entertainment, great SPFX, actors who are having a fun time, and wonderful Easter eggs for those in-the-know. Also for re-presenting a 'Star Trek' that can be appreciated by a new batch of young fans."