Thursday, May 14, 2009

The rocky road to dieting?

#4
Rocky Road doughnut from Krispy Kreme, Central Station.

I first saw this delectable new, limited edition Krispy Kreme variety on Monday afternoon, and I realised today that, if it was still in production, it might make a great subject for a photo. The one I had my eye on was actually right at the front of the glass display cabinet - it had twice as many marshmallows! But I was a little reluctant/guilty to insist on buying it.

I have since eaten the evidence. All in the name of art.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, that looks so healthy. It should have a warning on it.

Therin of Andor said...

It did. The warning read, "Only eat the hole".

Unfortunately, I ate the "whole".

Cassandra said...

This really and truly is a beautiful photograph. The colours are so crisp. And look at the shine on the chocolate icing. Gosh, no wonder people eat these things. I can't help feeling the taste would be a disappointment, though. And the whole thing would over too soon. (I sound like the Philosopher in The Man Whose Mother Was A Pirate.)

Therin of Andor said...

Thanks for the comment, Cassandra! The shiny bits belonged to to the thick, fruity syrup drizzled over the top, and I love how the little marshmallows are poised just so. Eating it was fun, though; so many different textures at once...