Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Year 3 of the 52-Week Illustration Challenge, Week 31


Week 31: Realism.

"Portrait of Ian and Jack" (from a personal photo) in HB graphite and yellow, red and blue pencils on a black Sharpie easel. I hope this fits with the theme. I was inspired by some art examples in online articles on realism. My original intention was to draw an artist and two sitters, perhaps as less-than-real cartoons, with only the "painted" canvas featuring the realism. But I came to prefer the white space.

Update:


Week 31: Realism II.

"Elephants at Perth Zoo." Freehand watercolour on textured paper, based on my own photograph.

1 comment:

Therin of Andor said...

Cool! My elephants for Realism Week made it into "Tania's Picks" on the Challenge blog. And what amazing company! Thanks Tania!