Sunday, August 28, 2016

A weekend of art

On Saturday, I attended the annual Penrith District Show, having again lodged five artworks in the art competition.

Penrith Show 2016

Penrith District Show 2016

Wow! I was not expecting to see a ribbon! (Last year, the organisers rang me to check if I was coming to the presentation.) My little octopus, drawn and coloured a few hours after my Masterclass with Leigh Hobbs, scored himself a gorgeous red rosette for Second Prize in Drawing!

Penrith District Show selfie

On Sunday, another meetup of the 52-Week Illustration Challenge Sydneysiders was held at the Museum of Contemporary Art's Cafe & Sculpture Terrace. It was great to catch up with fellow artists Louise Harland-Cox (and her gorgeous new twins), Patricia Ward, Jolanda Jarman, Cecilia Timm, Peter Hinton and Ramona Davey.

Meetup

Meetup sign-in

No comments: