Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Don't spook till you're spooken to

General Gilghouly and Shirley Shriek

GodzillaGirl challenged me to dig out some more Fimo modeling compound and try making Shirley Shriek, an early Patti Peticolas "Kooky Spooky" design, who was morphed into the more commercial Mama Kaskit. (My housemate reckons Shirley looks a little too Ku Klux Klan.)

General Gilghouly and Shirley Shriek

Bulbous-nosed General Gilghouly - note the newly-added bluebird perched on the more-suitable gun, as featured on Patti's sketches - and Shirley Shriek, with her skull necklace, using a length of silver neckchain I accidentally broke a few years ago. Waste not, want not.

Shirley Shriek
Early Shirley Shriek sketch by Patti Peticolas, 1968.

Custom Kookys
Custom Kooky Spookys by Ian McLean.

1 comment:

oldefrostfarm1780 said...

Thanks for adding a Link to your Slideshow....Well done...I added the link to my Kooky Spooky Post along with a Link to your Blog
adele