Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Return of the 52-Week Illustration Challenge, Week 12

Week 12 Costume
Week 12: Costume

"Science fiction media convention costume parade". All of these entrants are me - Tellarites, Andorians and Robin the Boy Wonder - based on photos from several decades of costume parades, drawn and painted in a Perth hotel room. Sketch inked in black Sharpie on watercolour paper, coloured in watercolours and metallic Signo.

Update:

"The Not-So-Happy Dragon." Based on an actual event - when I walked into a dressing room at a charity fundraiser, to put on my superhero costume, and met half a naked dragon! No one is supposed to see who's inside the St George Bank's Happy Dragon mascot. But I did - and now... so have you! Black and green Sharpie markers with watercolour on watercolour paper, collaged onto purple handmade paper.


Week 12: Costume II

2 comments:

Therin of Andor said...

An amazing week of such imaginative works. And my "Not-So-Happy Dragon" amongst them in "Nicky's Picks" on the Challenge blog! Thanks Nicky Johnston!

Therin of Andor said...

And my first piece for Costume Week was the one I chose to promote the Challenge badges being sold from Nicky's site. Click HERE.